3D Pioneers Challenge
International Design-competition for additive manufacturing 2018
International, top-class, interbranch Jury
Verticals: Design, Digital, Architecture, Material, FashionTech, MedTech, Mobility
The challenge adresses already for the third time specialists that are thinking outside the box - pushing boundaries!
The unique 3D Pioneers Challenge covers a range of verticals and is aimed at designers who are breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing, taking into account the complete value-added system of additive technologies and who understand the key trends in the industry.
The Challenge seeks to uncover specialists from around the world who are thinking outside the box and - pushing boundaries.
3D Printing supports a range of new technologies and visions. Combining several different manufacturing methods creates innovation. We are standing at the edge of a new digital era of speed, fusion of human and environment, Industrial Internet Consortium and smart factories up to artificial intelligence. The opportunities seem to be unlimited – already today in our everyday life robotic is as imaginable as fashion that reacts towards its environment.
Additive manufacturing technologies give the chance to go forward future and help visions to take shape.
- Prize money 15.000 Euro provided by the Thuringian Ministery of Economic Affairs, Science and Digital Society
- Exhibition at Rapid.Tech + FabCon 3.D in Erfurt
- Award ceremony at gala evening in Erfurt
- Roadshow at international faire and Events
The competition is open to Students and Young Professionals (companies less than three years experience) and Professionals (that have been in the market for more than three years and private limited companies, independent of their date of foundation) – working in design or technical fields, as well as the automotive, software engineering, research and medical sectors.
We welcome submissions from previously published projects to brand new ideas. Group entries are also permitted.
** FREE PARTICIPATION FOR EXHIBITORS OF RAPID.TECH + FABCON 3.D 2018 **
>> More Information www.3dpc.io
Special thanks for the support to the Thuringian Ministery of Economic Affairs, Science and Digital Society.
Jury of the 3D Pioneers Challenge 2018
- Diana Drewes, Haute Innovation
- Sven Eberwein, Mitglied des Tesla Design Team, Digital Modeler
- Barbara Friedrich, Design Consulting & Publishing
- Eyal Gever, Artist
- Sebastian Herkner, Studio Sebastian Herkner, Designer
- Julia Körner, Gründerin und Geschäftsführerin JK Design GmbH
- Achim Menges, Institutsleiter ICD Uni Stuttgart, Institute for Computational Design and Construction
- Silvia Olp, Vorstand aed e.V., aed Society for Advancement of Architecture, Engineering, Design
- Dirk Simon, Head of Business Development BASF3DPrint Solutions -B3DPS
- Joachim Stumpp, Architekt, Geschäftsführer raumPROBE
- Andreas Velten, Institut für Anaplastologie
- Christoph Völcker, Head of Design and Production VOXELWORLD
- Wolf Udo Wagner, Studio Wagner:Design, Deutscher Designer Club (DDC)
- Anouk Wipprecht, Anouk Wipprecht FashionTech Designer
Your contact for questions about the 3D Pioneers Challenge: