3D Pioneers Challenge
The 3DPC Winner 2017 are detected and we are happy to present them here.
The exhibition at the fairs Rapid.Tech + FabCon 3.D (20.-22. June 2017), Messe Erfurt was a great success .
The winners had been selected out of numerous submissions from over 13 countries in a multistage jury process and the final jury decision was made directly at the fair, the 20th of June.
The award ceremony took place at the gala evening of the Messe Erfurt, where the prize money of 15.000 Euro by the Thuringian Ministry for economy, science and digital society, as well as the prizes of our partners MakerBot and designreport were handed to the happy winners:
- Project T.O.S.T (Topology Optimized Skateboard Trucks) - Philipp Manger; Ernst-Abbe-Hochschule Jena
- Programmable textiles (textile 3D Printing technology) Ronny Haberer, Patrick Bösch; Bauhaus University Weimar
- RiG3D (Orthosis) - Niklas Hamann; HTW Dresden, Bauhaus University Weimar
- Mecuris Cervical Orthosis (the first 3D-printed bespoke neck-brace) - Manuel Opitz, Jannis Breuninger, Clemens Rieth, Felix Gundlack, Juliane Weinzierl, Dr. med. Simon Weidert, Anja Fischer, Carolin Taubmann; Mecuris GmbH
- Concr3d (3D Printer for building materials) - Eric Geboers, Matteo Baldassari
- Print a drink (the world`s first 3D printing process for drinks and other liquid foods) - Benjamin Greimel; Austria
- Special Mention: Behnaz Farahi
Congratulations to all winners!
Special thanks for the support to the Thuringian Ministery of Economic Affairs, Science and Digital Society as well as to Wolfgang Tiefensee, Thuringian State Minister, for the participation in the award ceremony.